Thursday, October 18, 2012

Star Date 10172012: The Eight Post

Proposal and Outline:

This is a tough choice since the modes have many intersecting moments that it is hard for me to rate one above the other in some aspects. Especially given that I'm not entirely settled on one idea, nor can I create a solid thought on what I want to do. There are many directions to taking the idea of what I want, that may either work or be pushing the limit on an acceptable narrative for one mode.

Right now I'm leaning towards visuals and my love for video games.

I'm thinking for the actual video it will be filmed with a camera and then pieced together using final cut pro.

  • It will be narrated by myself, describing what your seeing as being important (but not describing the actual visuals themselves)
  • I'm thinking the video will be more artistic in it's shots at some points but not completely
  • Maybe some moments of me being filmed
I don't know really, I'm just trying to get a clear thought in my head right now, and any suggestions or comments you have are appreciated!

- Julie Harrison

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea, I am a gamer myself. I really like the idea of you having clips of you playing whatever games you like. If you play PC games, fraps is a good recording program to use.

    As for criticisms, just make sure you have good quality clips. If you are just putting a video camera in front of a screen, you're gonna have a bad time. But otherwise, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like this idea. there are a good number of games that can lend well to this idea.

    On a less positive note, I have say choose your games carefully. I can think of some games that lend well to this kind of thing, but there are a good number of games that while visually they are nice,are not well suited for this kind of thing.

    Brandon Fair

    ReplyDelete