Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Star Date 1242012: The Eleventh Post (DTC 355)

Website -> http://julieharrison.wix.com/julieharrison

Questions I Asked During the Usability Testing - and Responses I Received:

1. What did you think of the layout?
Brandon - I like the layout it is well done

Jenna - very good. seemed to go along with your personality well and it is fun.

Jessie - The layout is simple to follow and easily navigatable.

2. Did the color scheme work well?
Brandon - The colors are good with some good use of contrasting colors, but I think that the contrast my be too heavy in favor of the background instead of the content.

Jenna - with complementary blue and orange and the high contrast black, the color scheme worked well. 

Jessie - The color scheme overall is cohesive. The only thing I might suggest is changing the clouds in the background to something less bold. It is very bold in contrast with the galaxy scene.

3. Did the background look professional?
Brandon - The background isn't bad but it does have issues with being to attention grabbing considering the type of works involved I feel the style is fine ,but needs to be subdued.

Jenna - while the background was quirky and fun, the black helped it look professional. 

Jessie - I do like the background but in the context I might change it to something more palatable

4. Was the site engaging/interactive?
Brandon - yes the site is engaging.

Jenna - it was very engaging and interactive with the fun background to the video on the home page.

Jessie - The site overall is very engaging. I like how you display all of your works and have the motion video on the homepage.

5. If you could change one thing about it, what would it be?
Brandon - I would mellow make the background a little more subdued.

Jenna - i wish the video would play more smoothly and the pages would load quicker (not sure how you would fix this though!). 

Jessie - I would just change the background to match the rest of your site a little bit better. Overall nicely done though :)

6. Which page is the most effective and which one the least, why?
Brandon - I really like the home page the video background was an excellent idea. I really can't think of a weak page.

Jenna - i think the home page is the most effective because it engages the viewer as well as tells a lot about you and your personality and career goals.

Jessie - I think your portfolio page is well executed because it gives the audience a glimpse of the work you do and how you would be an asset to their company.

3 comments:

  1. 1. The layout is simple to follow and easily navigatable.

    2. The color scheme overall is cohesive. The only thing I might suggest is changing the clouds in the background to something less bold. It is very bold in contrast with the galaxy scene.

    3. I do like the background but in the context I might change it to something more palatable

    4. The site overall is very engaging. I like how you display all of your works and have the motion video on the homepage.

    5. I would just change the background to match the rest of your site a little bit better. Overall nicely done though :)

    6. I think your portfolio page is well executed because it gives the audience a glimpse of the work you do and how you would be an asset to their company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. very good. seemed to go along with your personality well and it is very fun.

    2. with complementary blue and orange and the high contrast black, the color scheme worked well.

    3. while the background was quirky and fun, the black helped it look professional.

    4. it was very engaging and interactive with the fun background to the video on the home page.

    5. i wish the video would play more smoothly and the pages would load quicker (not sure how you would fix this though!).

    6. i think the home page is the most effective because it engages the viewer as well as tells a lot about you and your personality and career goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I like the layout It is well done.

    2. The colors are good with some good use of contrasting colors, but I think that the contrast my be too heavy in favor of the background instead of the content.

    3. The background isn't bad but it does have issues with being to attention grabbing considering the type of works involved I feel the style is fine ,but needs to be subdued.

    4. yes the site is engaging.

    5. I would mellow make the background a little more subdued.

    6. I really like the home page the video background was an excellent idea. I really can't think of a weak page.

    -Brandon Fair

    ReplyDelete