Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Star Date 9262012: The Fifth Post (DTC 355)

Section 1:
Dove Campaign for Real Beauty
     For this particular web-text I really liked the consistent use of Dove brand colors (blue and white) and the way that the website has centered the content on top of a very simple and cute background. It is very feminine and immediately makes you think of the brand and know that is what the topic is on. What kinda makes me sad is the fact that it only focuses on Dove and the campaign of bettering the self-esteem of women. I feel like there could have been texts that weren't from Dove or some sort of indication on who the author is. If the author was a man then perhaps his view on the subject would be more of an impact on a woman audience because women mostly try to be beautiful for others than themselves.

Life-based Web Comics
     I just have to say that first of all, I'm impressed with the whole idea that they used a comic strip as their web-text for the project. It makes the whole thing interactive and interesting with each click. That being said it can be very text-overloaded. Similar to the idea of how power-points can be effective if used correctly, but when its a lot of text it becomes annoying and hard to keep the audiences attention. What I would have liked is maybe even a longer comic strip if she didn't want there to be a lot of text in one space.

Credit Unions
     Wouldn't open up on my computer. I don't know if that is a chrome issue or if she just didn't renew her subscription to bluehost.


Section 2:
     I think I would love to have an interactive kind of thing like, Life-Based Web Comics. It is really fun and interesting when you get to see the idea be talked out in that way. Although it would be interesting to incorporate videos and my actual texts that I found to the web-text like in the Dove based web-text.
     I'm thinking of using neutral baby tones, like a soft palette of either yellow or green. Then an emphasizing color of either red or blue to draw the eye in to whatever thing I want the audience to look at. I'm thinking yellow and red since blue has been used a lot, and red and green would be very Christmas-y.
     Alignment of the entire site would be centered, I like it, I think it draws the eye and keeps it focused for the most part. My real issue being discussed is the argument of how politicians get voters of either Pro Life vs. Pro Choice to vote for them, so I want the audience to look at what I'm saying without getting distracted by sidebar menus necessarily.
     I really want what my imagery is doing, so if I do a similar comic format I want a character who will pop, but I also don't want to only focus on the character, I want to make an interesting Prezi kind of harmony of images that explain the topic. I want to appeal to an audience without losing them in colors, images, and overall confusion of what is happening. It's hard to describe without actually testing it out, or scripting it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment